Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tough Times

About a month ago the students seemed to be off. It was not until third period that I found out from a co worker that a young person(20 years old) committed suicide the night before on his girlfriends porch. He shot himself. The girlfriends two younger brothers attend my school. The average response time for a ambulance is around 15 to 20 minutes and they live on a cul-de-sac with many school age children. We can only imagine how many students saw the aftermath.

Yesterday, a parent died for a set of twins at our school. The twins are some of the best students to have in your class. I felt so sad.

This morning a coworker informed me that a young person(20 years old) died last night when he lost control of his car and went into Deer Creek. The young person has a little sister who attends my school.

It is hard to describe the confusion and grieve in the student's eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home