Friday, March 07, 2008

"Spring time in the Delta"

Before you leave the Delta for good there are a few things that you must do.

1. Attend the Crawfish festival in Leland. Admission is two canned goods. The beer is cold and the crawfish is awesome. Plus the music is great.
2. Attend the Catfish festival in Belzoni. I plan on going for the first time this year. I hear it is the same as the Crawfish festival but with Catfish.
3. The Blues Jam at the Holly Ridge Store. The jam happens the day after the Leland Blues Festival. It is free and the crowd is interesting. Last year I saw my first Black Biker Gang.
4. Turkey Hunt if at possible or go skeet shooting.
5. Go to Great River Road State Park in Rosedale to play frisbee golf. Their course is awesome.
6. Tour Antebellum homes in Vicksburg. I plan on going for the year for the first time.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

Can't wait to knock a few of those off the list! My europanized stomach longs for some good crawfish and my swiss ears lookforward to some front-porch blues!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home