Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Sweet Smell of Success or is that Cotton

This past Monday my middle school football team won its first football game of the season. We beat Riverside 22-18. We are now 1-4. We lost the first four games because of attitude. The boys finally realized in this win that if you want to win, you have to go and fight for it. I think this is a lesson that they can take outside of football. If you want something bad enough, you will sacrifice and do whatever it takes, legally of course, to accomplish your goal. The excitement in the boys face was priceless after the game. I received the Super Bowlesque cooler dumping. Luckily we cannot afford Gatorade, so I received a dumping of ice because they drank all of the water. One cube made it inside my shirt all the way down to my, well lets just say I was touching myself in inappropriate places in public to get it out. The boys then went and got the other cooler. I saw them approaching from the corner of my eye and noticed that cooler had ice and water, I quickly let them know that if they dumped that on Coach or I, that I was going to , just use your imagination on what I said to them. They put the cooler down. It was so great to see 28 kids excited and happy, what a great feeling.

Another great feeling is to ride by a cotton field with your windows down that is ready for the picking. Take a deep breath and bask in the sweet smell of cotton. The cotton lets of this sweet smell, reminiscent of Irish spring. How great it is to be in the Delta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home