Monday, May 28, 2007

One Down, Thirty Four to go

The students last day was this past Thursday. I am not elated that the year is over and yet I am not sad either. I do not know how I feel about it to be honest. Most people who have I have had a passing conversation with since Thursday ask if I am so happy that it is over. Am I supposed to be glad? Is teaching all that terrible? I do not think so. More than anything I leave this year feeling disappointed in myself. Due to some unforeseen events with my administrative staff, sickness and death in the family, and an overwhelming feeling of defeat at one point in the year, I ended up sucking by the end of the year. Two weeks ago I went to the home of the Bulldogs (Mississippi State) for a computer teacher workshop (I am a licensed computer teacher) and it was awesome. Those 16 hours finally put all the pieces together for me and I know see the big picture on how to teach in my subject areas. I really have not done much since school let out except for playing mindless video games and watch movies. This has given me a lot of time to think. I already feel excited about the beginning of next year and can not wait to do a better job.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Loucos do blog said...

vocĂȘ tem um lindo blog
parabens pelo seu trabalho
visite o meu vocĂȘ vai gostar:
http://loucosdoblog.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home